TYRO R.O.P. Mentoring Program
The TYRO Rights of Passage program empowers youth to identify and reach their highest potential, by helping them build the mindset and strength of character so that they become a source of strength for their family and community. This program is an evidence-based curriculum which helps youth transition into healthy, productive adults. TYRO ROP teaches goal setting, leadership development, drug/alcohol abuse resistance, and sexual risk avoidance.
CREATE A PATHWAY TO SUCCESS for Mentees by:
- Teaching and helping with Setting Goals
- Affirming positive behaviors and actions with the focus on Building Character
- Navigate responses to situations/circumstances with the focus on Building Resiliency
- Help mentees discover skills and creative abilities to promote confidence with the focus on establishing a belief for a Positive Future
- Teach and explore Life Skills
Weekly in Classroom Group Mentoring Facilitated by TYRO certified instructor, Carlos Sanchez of Healthy Visions, supported with 1-on-1 Mentor/Mentee weekly sessions.
Individual Mentoring Outline:
Individual Mentoring will be from 8am–2pm at Reading Community High School. Healthy Visions matches an adult mentor with a student mentee from within the Reading JR/SR High School. This commitment will be for one school year. 20-30 minute mentoring, once a week beginning in October 2017 and ending in May 2018. This is a life skills mentoring program, not an academic tutoring program.
Process for Becoming a MENTOR:
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Complete Mentor Application by Friday, September 22nd (or as soon as possible) (Click to Follow Link)
- Link for online Mentor Application
- Complete and Pass a BCI background check by Friday, September 22nd (or as soon as possible)
(Please bring receipt to orientation for reimbursement) (Click Link to Find Locations Near You)
Please Send Results To: Healthy Visions 9990 Zig Zag Road Cincinnati, OH 45242 PHONE: 513-793-7268
- Complete mentor profile.
- Attend Mandatory Orientation and End of Year Celebration Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 & May 5th, 2018 (9am-12om)
- Attend minimum of 2 supportive trainings (10/21, 1/20, 3/17) (9a-12p)
- Complete a program pre & post survey
- Complete brief session evaluation after each mentee visit.
Healthy Visions will have dedicated Mentor support from its Mentor Program Manager and Classroom facilitator Carlos Sanchez, Mentor Program Coordinator Megan Sanchez, and with professional resources from Dr. Gary Sweeten, of Sweeten Life Systems.
Healthy Visions will carefully match mentors to mentees to ensure and support a successful match. Along with ongoing developmental training, Mentors will have access to resources aimed at easing and maximizing individual mentor/mentee sessions. Resources included in-school activity box complete with suggestive topics, conversation starters, and meaningful activities.
Benefits of being a Mentor
- An enhanced self-image and sense of worth
- A sense of feeling valued and appreciated
- A sense of accomplishment
- Creation of networks of volunteers
- Insight with today’s youth
- Professional trainings with transferrable skills
You can change a life!
|Location(s)||Reading Community HS
1301 Bonnell Street
Reading, Ohio 45215