Healthy Visions is an organization that runs on the generosity of others. In order to keep broadcasting our message of love, hope, and redemption to future students, we are dependent upon faithful and enthusiastic contributors. If you are a potential or current supporter of Healthy Visions, you may be curious as to what sets us apart from other worthwhile nonprofit organizations. We believe – and others affirm – that we are the only type of program that influences young people to make long-lasting, real changes to their stories. Check out some of the hallmarks of Healthy Visions, and see for yourself!
Meeting a Need
Being a teenager today is incredibly difficult. With the proliferation of messages through social media, pressures are continuing to mount… to the point where teenagers report being more stressed than the average adult on a daily basis. The dedicated team at Healthy Visions has a pulse on those concerns, and we know what troubles students: relationship problems, fitting in, bullying and cyberbullying, using social media in a positive way, handling their stress and anger problems, avoiding pressures, and so much more. Our team is dedicated to figuring out the needs of teens so that we can address them specifically in our modules. The message has always been the same: love, hope, and redemption… but the topics we cover are constantly shifting to meet the lifestyles of a constantly shifting population.
What started with only a handful of schools and maybe one hundred students has exploded in recent years, as we connect with more than 50 schools and upwards of 8,000 students through our in-classroom modules and assemblies and mentoring programs and after-school programs. With our growing eLearning program, those numbers are set to continually increase as Healthy Visions works with students in a variety of new settings. We have determination and confidence in our ability to bring the Healthy Visions message to countless more students and schools, and contributors can expedite that mission by contributing to our program!
In addition to Healthy Visions’ in-classroom programming and eLearning modules, we are one of the only nonprofit organizations that invites to connect with our speakers through social media. In doing this, when they are faced with troublesome situations, difficult questions, or the need for encouragement and inspiration, instant messaging between students and our dedicated staff of speakers creates a real, lasting connection of advocacy. Through social media (or email), students become aware that they have an adult mentor who is more than willing to help when called upon.
Every potential contributor has the same underlying concern: will I see a return on my investment? With Healthy Visions, the return manifests itself in lives that are truly changed for the better. Healthy Visions conducted a longitudinal survey in 2014 using Google Drive and had past and present students anonymously disclose thoughts and opinions related to their time with our program. These students had experienced Healthy Visions as recently as six months ago or as long ago as three years.
This feedback revealed that Healthy Visions does NOT simply impact young people for the week in which we are in their schools. Rather, real change is happening in the lives of these young men and women, and their futures are looking brighter than ever. Here were some of the highlights from the results!
- 93% said Healthy Visions gave them a better outlook on life.
- 90% said Healthy Visions helped them feel better about themselves.
- 90% said Healthy Visions caused them to change their social media settings to private.
- 83% said Healthy Visions equipped them with healthier ways to deal with their anger.
- 81% said Healthy Visions gave them the tools to help others get out of a bad relationship.
- 76% said after having Healthy Visions they became more outgoing and involved.
- 73% said after having Healthy Visions they are doing better in school.
- 71% said they have decided to abstain from sex as a result of having Healthy Visions.
- 69% indicated that they have stopped bullying people since having Healthy Visions.
- 66% said Healthy Visions encouraged them to talk to someone about suicidal thoughts.
- 64% indicated that after having Healthy Visions, they got out of a bad relationship.
- 54% indicated that they stopped selling/using drugs after having Healthy Visions.
- 54% indicated that they have gotten in touch with our speakers through social media.
You can check out the full results of this survey by clicking on the link below!